THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

for the time being i will keep my old posts here at blogger, but i have imported all content to wordpress. please don't abandon me! to stay updated, head on over to my new space and follow me there. thanks!

—lisa g.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

i'm moving! blogspace, that is...

[UPDATE: easier than i thought! here's my new address... come check it out and update your readers!!!]

okay folks... today. today! i am moving over to wordpress, with or without a glass of wine in hand. it seems pretty easy to do, wish me luck! my blog address will be the same, just wordpress instead of blogger. so, if i stop showing up in your feed you'll know where to find me.

i have a slight lull in my sewing due to the fact that our heater went out over the past weekend and we've been heating our not so well insulated house with a few space heaters. now, my sewing room never had central heat (it's a weird poorly built addition to the house) so i've always had a space heater to keep it warm. but due to the lack-of-heat situation i have to sacrificed my sewing room heat in order to keep our actual living space warm-ish. it was okay over the last few days when our temps made it to 50s F, but today we're hovering in the 30s F and my hands are shivering... it may not be fixed until next week due to the freak snowstorm we had last week, dumping us with another 2 feet of snow. seriously. can we just get on to spring already? we are told that all those heater fixing people with the gas company are working in high priority regions where there was flooding and coastal erosion and such. what do i know? i just want heat!



while my sewing room is a literal icebox i have started prep work on the grainline studio archer button up. woot! i printed and taped last night, traced this morning and hope to cut my fabric today or tomorrow. that is if my hands are steady enough. this was probably the most it really needs to be precise .pdf pattern i've done. initially i had a bit of a problem, it seems as though my printer cuts off the top and bottom of each pattern page leaving me to guess exactly how to connect those sides of the page. i came up with a brilliant (if i do say so) solution.



since the sides of each page printed fine, i simply traced the the square that connects each page to the next, then used it as a guide to line up the edges that didn't print. whew!



alright folks... see you on the other side!

—lisa g.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your move! And your heat! Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling colder just thinking about your heating situation. I've also been contemplating moving blog platforms, just haven't yet decided if I want to mess with it.

    ReplyDelete

i appreciate all the feedback, but will no longer be responding to comments left here. i have moved all my content to wordpress (see link at the top of the page!) and will now be posting there. all my posts can be found in my wordpress archive. thanks for reading and please visit my new page!